HomeEducationMagnet program application window for 2021-22 school year opening soon
Magnet program application window for 2021-22 school year opening soon
March 5, 2021
Press release from Alachua County Public Schools
The window for local families to apply for their children to attend one of the district’s academic or career-technical (CTE) magnet programs is set to open at noon on Monday, March 8 and will close at 4 p.m. on Monday, April 5.
The timeline for notifying families about acceptance into a program is still to be determined.
The district will once again be using an online process that will allow families to apply for multiple programs with a single application.
As is the case for the current school year, 75% of the new students in each magnet program will be selected by the school. The other 25% will be chosen through a district-wide lottery program. Students must meet certain academic, attendance, and disciplinary criteria to be eligible for each magnet and must also meet program standards to remain enrolled. However, standardized test score requirements will be waived for all programs since tests were cancelled last spring due to COVID-19.
The application, magnet program requirements, and other information can be found on the district’s website at www.sbac.edu/magnet. Hard copies of the application will also be available at each school.
For specific questions about a particular magnet program, families can contact the school directly. For all other questions, they can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (352) 955-7629.