March 7 School Board Meeting
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETINGS
The School Board Alachua County, Florida, shall hold public meetings to which all persons are invited.
DATE AND TIME: Tuesday, March 7, 2023, at 6 p.m.
LOCATION: District Office Boardroom, 620 East University Ave,
PURPOSE: General Business Meeting
- A. Meeting Opening
- Call to Order-Pledge of Allegiance
- BHS Jazz Combo/Tuba Quartet under the direction of Noah Graben (Rollo)
- Sunshine State Scholar Recognition (Berry)
- ACEA Union Updates (ACEA)
- Adoption of Agenda
- Approval of Regular School Board Meeting Minutes for February 21, 2023.
- Board Member/Superintendent Announcements
- Citizen Input
- B. Consent Agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda (Andrew)
- Employment of Personnel (Shelnutt)
- Purchased Products/Services ($12,500 to $49,999)(Rella)
- Bid(s) and Requisition(s)(Rella)
- Donations (Rella)
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act Roll Forward (Black)
- Professional Services Ranking for Project SBAC A1905 – Littlewood Elementary School Redesign and Redevelopment (Wynn)
- Change Order Number Four for Project SBAC A1904 – Westwood Middle School Redesign and Redevelopment (Wynn)
- Change Order Number Two for Project SBAC H2001 – Gainesville High School Building 20 Renovation (Wynn)
- C. Action Items
- Early Learning Academy at Duval Master School Identification (MSID)(Neal)
- School Staffing Plan for 2023-2024 (Rella)
- D. Citizen Input
- E. Board Member / Superintendent Requests
- F. Adjournment
This meeting is being called pursuant to and in accordance with Section 1001.372(1) and
120.525, F.S. The agenda is available in the Superintendent s Office, District Administration Building.
There are three ways citizens may offer their input for this meeting: 1) submit input through email at email@example.com by noon the day of the board meeting; 2) go to the Boardroom to offer their input in person during the meeting or 3) Check the March 7 and 21, 2023 Agendas on the District s website, www.sbac.edu, prior to the meeting for additional options to participate remotely.
Any person who decides to appeal a decision of the School Board with respect to any matter considered at such meeting is hereby advised that, for such purpose, he or she may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the meeting is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
Anyone with a disability or physical impairment who wishes to attend this meeting and requires special accommodations should contact the Superintendent s Office, 620 East University Ave., Gainesville, FL 32601, (352) 955-7880, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call 711.