Newly-Formed Alachua County Animal Welfare Advisory Committee Vacancies
Press release from Alachua County
The Alachua County Commission is seeking applicants to fill vacancies on the newly established Animal Welfare Advisory Committee (AWAC). The date, time, and location of the quarterly meetings will be determined by a majority vote of members at their first noticed meeting. The terms are for three years, and the initial appointments will be staggered. The application deadline is June 30, 2022.
AWAC will assist the County in promoting the adoption of shelter pets, the welfare of animals, and the importance of the human-animal bond. AWAC will promote greater community awareness of Alachua County’s Animal Resources & Care Department and its mission, programs, and accomplishments. It will carry out the responsibilities of a community engagement body in order to work with and support Animal Resources & Care. AWAC will engage with and receives reports from Animal Resources & Care as well as the various local not-for-profit animal welfare organizations and relevant stakeholders. It also will assist and advise the County on future animal-related policies and issues, and prepare and update an Annual Work Plan and Report of Accomplishments.
Applicants with any of the following types of experience are encouraged to apply:
- Leader of a local not-for-profit animal welfare organization
- Veterinarian (DVM) employed by the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinarian (DVM) who owns or is employed by a private veterinary practice with its principal place of business in Alachua County, Florida
- Law Enforcement Officer with the rank of lieutenant or higher currently employed in Alachua County, Florida
- Mental Health Professional employed by a community mental health agency who has experience with or knowledge of area homeless programs and services
- Citizen at Large (full member and alternate member)
Interested applicants may apply online.
There was an issuer with the link. This one works. Scroll down for this committee. https://advisoryboards.alachuacounty.us/boards/info.aspx?fbclid=IwAR1LDmnmIrEGgfv6-QM1ghoAHxmEaRIZIzENFyxPSNy92n1l6yOSp7ENQK0
Fixed, thank you.
Issue – not, issuer.