$1.1 Million Investment in Summer Programs by Children’s Trust
Press release from Children’s Trust of Alachua County
The Board of the Children’s Trust of Alachua County approved the funding of over 2,000 additional free or reduced-price seats for Alachua kids for this summer.
“This summer program is a dramatic increase of opportunities for kids to move from the virtual Zoom environment to the real world, where they can learn and play with other kids,” explained Colin Murphy, Executive Director of the Children’s Trust of Alachua County.
Funding is directed to a diversity of organizations and regions. In addition to Gainesville, smaller rural communities like Waldo, High Springs, Alachua, and Newberry are included. Providers include nonprofits, religious, educational, sports, arts, and cultural organizations, offering Alachua County kids a variety of activities.
PARTICIPATING PROGRAMS are listed below and at https://www.childrenstrustofalachuacounty.us/programs-directory
- ACES IN MOTION 352-514-9975
- BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF NORTHEAST FLORIDA 352-377-8003 & 352-373-6639
- CADE MUSEUM FOR CREATIVITY & INVENTION 352-371-8001 X1110
- CITY OF ALACHUA 386-462-1610
- CITY OF NEWBERRY 352-472-5663 X149
- CITY OF WALDO 352-258-6921
- CULTURAL ARTS COALITION 352-219-5793
- CUSCOWILLA-ALACHUA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS 352-213-4796
- DAYSPRINGS MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH OF GAINESVILLE, FL 352-380-0075
- DEEPER PURPOSE COMMUNITY CHURCH, INC. 352-474-9040
- GAINESVILLE CIRCUS CENTER 352-214-2017
- GAINESVILLE SPORTS CAMP 352-275-2698
- GIRLS PLACE 352-373-4475
- GOOD NEWS ARTS 706-254-6750 & 352-359-6032
- GREATER BETHEL AME CHURCH 352-222-3554
- GREATER DUVAL NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION 352-519-2743
- I AM STEM 352-372-1004
- JUST FOR US EDUCATION 352-448-6087
- KIDS COUNT 352-244-9723
- NORTH CENTRAL FLORIDA YMCA 352-374-9622
- SANTA FE COLLEGE 352-430-8292
- STAR CENTER CHILDREN’S THEATRE 352-378-3311
- TRAVELING ART CAMP FOR KIDS 858-692-7303
The Children’s Trust of Alachua County provides children’s services year-round throughout Alachua County, so that children are healthy, educated, supported, and safe.