2023 Alachua County Citizens Academy Spring Classes
Press release from Alachua County
ALACHUA COUNTY, Fla. – Alachua County believes citizen engagement is fundamental to effective government. As such, Alachua County will be reactivating the Alachua County Citizens Academy multi-week program. Residents are encouraged to sign up for the 2023 Alachua County Citizens Academy. Citizens will get an in-depth and hands-on understanding of how County government and constitutional offices operate and how they can most effectively engage and participate in our County’s future.
The free program starts on April 6, 2023, on consecutive Thursday mornings for eight sessions. The registration deadline is March 24.
To view a complete schedule of classes and to register online, visit the Alachua County Citizens Academy website.
“Informed citizens are the cornerstone of local government,” says Alachua County Manager Michele L. Lieberman. “Our Alachua County Citizens Academy was recognized by the National Association of Counties with an Achievement Award. We would like you to be a part of this award-winning, fast-paced, and information-packed program.”
- County Departments (including Fire Rescue, Animal Services, Environmental Protection, Community Services, Solid Waste, and others)
- Constitutional Officers (including the Sheriff’s Office, Tax Collector, Supervisor of Elections, Clerk of the Court, and Property Appraiser)
- Judicial Offices (including State’s Attorney, Public Defender, and the Eighth Judicial Circuit)
- the Alachua County Library District
- the Department of Health – Alachua County
- the School Board of Alachua County