April 11 Alachua County Commission Regular Meeting
Press release from Alachua County
ALACHUA COUNTY, Fla. – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting on Tuesday, April 11, 2023, at the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, Gainesville). The meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. The evening portion of the meeting is canceled.
Masks for vulnerable citizens are strongly recommended. The public may view the meeting on Cox Channel 12 and the County’s Video on Demand website.
During the Regular Meeting, the public can make comments at the meeting in person or call in during the 12 p.m. (noon) comment period. Callers will have three minutes to comment on anything not on the agenda and three minutes to discuss anything on the agenda. Callers can choose either or both. Those commenting on items on the agenda will not be allowed to comment again on agenda items if attending the meeting in person later in the day. The call-in number is 1-929-205-6099. When prompted, enter meeting ID 873 5974 1977. Callers can hear the meeting while on hold and can use the system to listen. If you wish to comment, Raise Your Hand by dialing *9 (star nine). Once you are called on by the last four digits of your phone number, Unmute Your Phone by dialing *6 (star six).
Regular Meeting items of interest:
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring April 2023 as “Water Conservation Month” in Alachua County, Florida
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring April 22, 2023, as “Earth Day 2023” in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring April 9 through 15, 2023 as “National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week” in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring April 2023, as “National Poetry Month,” in Alachua County
- Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Board Appointments
- Advisory Board Update – Animal Welfare Advisory Committee
- 2023 First Quarter (January through March) Length of Service and Retirement presentation
- Update on Town of Micanopy’s annex property (aka Dollar General)
- Alachua County Impact Fee and Multi-modal Transportation Mitigation (MMTM) Fee Study workshop
- Request approval to attend the 2023 Annual Meeting for the Association for the Sciences of Limnology and Oceanography (ASLO) in Spain and authorize reimbursement of the registration fee
- Public Hearing to consider an Ordinance adopting a Construction Noise Waiver in the Alachua County Code Chapter 110 Noise Control
- First of two required Public Hearings for an Ordinance Adopting Amendments to the Unified Land Development Code (ULDC) for Alternative Fuel Sales, Home-Based Businesses, Distribution Electric Substations, and Parcel Disaggregation
- Alachua Countywide Bicycle Pedestrian Master Plan discussion and Interlocal Agreement
View the meeting agenda and backup items.
Citizens are encouraged to stay informed by following the County on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and subscribing to the County’s Newsletter/Press Release group