April 25 Alachua County Commission Regular Meeting
Press release from Alachua County
ALACHUA COUNTY, Fla. – The Alachua County Commission will conduct its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, April 25, 2023, in the Jack Durrance Auditorium on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, Gainesville). The morning portion of the meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. The evening portion of the meeting begins at 5 p.m.
Masks for vulnerable citizens are strongly recommended. The public may view the meeting on Cox Channel 12 and the County’s Video on Demand website.
During the Regular Meeting, the public can make comments at the meeting in person or call in during the 12 p.m. (noon) comment period. Callers will have three minutes to comment on anything not on the agenda and three minutes to discuss anything on the agenda. Callers can choose either or both. Those commenting on items on the agenda will not be allowed to comment again on agenda items if attending the meeting in person later in the day. The call-in number is 1-929-205-6099. When prompted, enter meeting ID 873 5974 1977. Callers can hear the meeting while on hold and can use the system to listen. If you wish to comment, Raise Your Hand by dialing *9 (star nine). Once you are called on by the last four digits of your phone number, Unmute Your Phone by dialing *6 (star six).
Morning items of interest:
- Approval of a Proclamation Declaring April 2023, as “Fair Housing Month” in Alachua County, Florida
- Approval of a Proclamation Declaring April 2023, as “National Healthcare Decisions Month” in Alachua County, Florida
- Approval of a Proclamation Declaring April 2023, as “Child Abuse Prevention Month” in Alachua County, Florida
- Health Care Advisory Board Appointments
- Advisory Board Update – Human Rights Board
- Facilities Management Master Space Plan Quarterly Update
- 1st Quarter Infrastructure Surtax (October thru December 2022) Financial Report Presentation
- Select Artist(s) for Fire Station 21 and 80 Sculpture Installation
- Presentation and Status Update on the Central Receiving System
- Request Approval of the Alachua County Agriculture and Equestrian Center Rules and Regulations
- Approval of Visit Gainesville, Alachua County Small Cities and Towns Tourism Grant Program
- Public Hearing to Prohibit Smoking in Alachua County Parks
- Authorization for Abatement of Nuisance, CEB 16-011
- Preliminary Development Plan for Jonesville Self-Storage
- Public Hearing to Consider A Conditional Right-of-Way Vacation for a Portion of SW 41st Boulevard
Evening items of interest:
- Z22-000006: A request to transmit a large-scale Comprehensive Plan amendment for Newberry Village to the Department of Economic Opportunity
- Public Hearing for an Ordinance Adopting Amendments to the Unified Land Development Code (ULDC) for Alternative Fuel Sales, Home-Based Businesses, Distribution Electric Substations and Parcel Disaggregation
View the meeting agenda and backup items.
Citizens are encouraged to stay informed by following the County on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and subscribing to the County’s Newsletter/Press Release Group