April 4 School Board Meeting
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
The School Board Alachua County, Florida, shall hold a public meeting to which all persons are invited.
DATE AND TIME: Tuesday, April 4, 2023, at 6 p.m.
LOCATION: District Office Boardroom, 620 East University Ave,
PURPOSE: General Business Meeting
- A. Meeting Opening
- 1. Call to Order-Pledge of Allegiance
- 2. ACEA Union Updates (ACEA)
- 3. Adoption of Agenda
- 4. Approval of Regular School Board Meeting Minutes for March 21, 2023
- 5. Approval of Regular School Board Workshop Minutes
- 6. Board Member/Superintendent Announcements
- 7. Citizen Input
- B. Consent Agenda
- 1. Approval of the Consent Agenda
- 2. Employment of Personnel (Shelnutt)
- 3. Purchased Products/Services ($12,500 to $49,999)(Rella)
- 4. Bid(s) and Requisition(s)(Rella)
- 5. Donations (Rella)
- 6. Feasibility of Modernization Assessment Study Application, aka Castaldi Analysis, for Hawthorne Middle/High School Redesign and Redevelopment (Wynn)
- C. Action Items
- 1. Change Order Number Three for Project SBAC 2102 – Eastside High School Band and Choral Renovations (Wynn)
- 2. Summer School Packet (Wise)
- 3. Waiver Request for A. Quinn Jones Center (Wise)
- 4. Waiver Request for Hawthorne Middle High School (Wise)
- 5. Waiver Request for High Springs Community School (Wise)
- 6. Waiver Request for Mebane Middle School (Wise)
- 7. Waiver Request for Professional Academies Magnet at Loften High School (Wise)
- 8. Elementary Rezoning (Andrew)
- D. Discussion
- 1. Superintendent’s Evaluation (Delaney)
- E. Citizen Input
- F. Board Member / Superintendent Requests
- G. Adjournment
This meeting is being called pursuant to and in accordance with Section 1001.372(1) and 120.525, F.S. The agenda is available in the Superintendent s Office, District Administration Building.
There are three ways citizens may offer their input for this meeting: 1) submit input through email at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon the day of the board meeting; 2) go to the Boardroom to offer their input in person during the meeting or 3) Check the April 4 and 18, 2023 Agendas on the District s website, www.sbac.edu, prior to the meeting for additional options to participate remotely.
Any person who decides to appeal a decision of the School Board with respect to any matter considered at such meeting is hereby advised that, for such purpose, he or she may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the meeting is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
Anyone with a disability or physical impairment who wishes to attend this meeting and requires special accommodations should contact the Superintendent s Office, 620 East University Ave., Gainesville, FL 32601, (352) 955-7880, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call 711.