December 14 Alachua County Commission Regular Meeting
Press release from Alachua County
The Alachua County Commission will conduct a Regular Meeting on Tuesday, December 14, 2021, at the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, Gainesville). The daytime portion of the meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. The evening portion of the meeting begins at 5 p.m. The daytime meeting includes a COVID-19 discussion.
The Commission will take public comment in person or by calling 1-800-741-8011. If attending in person, masks are strongly recommended for those not vaccinated. The public may view the meeting on Cox Channel 12 and the County’s Video on Demand website.
Daytime items of interest:
- Recognition of Susannah Causier – retiree
- Appointment of a Full Member vacancy on the Arts Council of Alachua with a term ending September 30, 2024
- Gubernatorial recommendation for appointment of individuals to the Children’s Trust of Alachua County
- Appointment of one member to the Alachua County Historical Commission
- Brief Reading on Florida Indian History by the Alachua County Historical Commission
- Alachua Conservation Trust efforts to access federal grants for land conservation
- Select inspiration for Bronze West Lawn Sculpture
- Trunk Radio System (TRS) discussion
- Alachua County Commission appointments to Boards and Committees for 2022
- Lutheran Services of Florida (LSF) Contract Amendments #104 and #105 providing additional funding for 988 National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Hotline, Mobile Response Teams (MRT) and Metamorphosis, waiver of County Indemnification and Intellectual Property policies, and adoption of Budget Amendments and Resolutions
- ZOM-06-21: Premier Preschool rezoning from (A) Agriculture to (BP) Business and Professional (BP) district. (Quasi-judicial)
- ZOT-01-21 (Hoggetowne Medieval Faire Temporary Use Permit) – This is a request by the City of Gainesville Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department, Leslie Ladendorf, agent, on behalf of Multerra LLC, owner, for a temporary use permit to allow an outdoor festival (Hoggetowne Medieval Faire) with on-site camping on approximately 113.54 acres located at 9409 S.W. Archer Road. The festival will occur over three weekends (January 15, 16, 22, 23 and 28, 29, 30) in January 2022 and will include on-site camping for the length of the event along with on-site parking, vendors and outdoor events. The site has a future land use designation of Rural/Agriculture with an Agriculture zoning district and is located on tax parcel numbers 07089-002-000 and 07080-000-000. For more information, contact Senior Planner Gerald L. Brewington at 352-374-5249 or email@example.com.
Evening items of interest:
- Santa Fe River – Brown Option Contract to purchase a Conservation Easement
- Second Public Hearing to adopt an ordinance to amend the Unified Land Development Code related to Solar Facilities, Major Utilities, and Car Washes
- ZOX-03-21: Duke Energy Special Exception Request for a Major Utility to allow a Telecommunications Facility at an existing substation
Citizens are encouraged to stay informed by signing up for the following: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to the County’s Newsletter/Press Release