February 21 School Board Meeting
The School Board Alachua County, Florida, shall hold public meetings to which all persons are invited.
DATE AND TIME: Tuesday, February 21, 2023, at 6 p.m.
LOCATION: District Office Boardroom, 620 East University Ave, Gainesville, FL
PURPOSE: General Business Meeting
- A. Meeting Opening
- Call to Order-Pledge of Allegiance
- Stephen Foster Elementary Chorus under the direction of Mrs. Carolyn Turner (Rollo)
- Adoption of Agenda
- Approval of Regular School Board Meeting Minutes for February 7, 2023
- Approval of Regular School Board Workshop Minutes for February 8, 2023.
- Board Member/Superintendent Announcements
- Citizen Input
- B. Consent Agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda
- Employment of Personnel (Shelnutt)
- Purchased Products/Services ($12,500 to $49,999)(Rella)
- Bid(s) and Requisition(s)(Rella)
- Budget Amendment No. 10 – General Funds (Rella)
- Budget Amendment No. 11 – Capital Funds (Rella)
- Budget Amendment No. 12 – Federal Funds (Rella)
- Monthly Financial Statement (Rella)
- Donations (Rella)
- Interlocal Agreement Between City of Gainesville and School Board of Alachua County for Public Use of Abraham Lincoln Middle School Recreation Facilities (Lincoln Park) (Wynn)
- Design Development/Construction Documents for Project SBAC A2201 – Westwood Middle School Redevelopment Phase 2 (Wynn)
- Design Development/Construction Documents for Project SBAC HVAC0 (H2201) – Eastside High School Building 7 (Gym) HVAC and Roof (Wynn)
- Change Order Number One for Project SBAC Sivia Center Building C Improvements (Eunice/Wynn)
- Facilities Maintenance Department Work Order Report dated December 2022 (Molander)
- C. Action Items
- Amended ESP Job Descriptions for the Transportation Department – Second Reading (Shelnutt)
- Amended ESP Job Descriptions for the Facilities Department – Second Reading (Shelnutt)
- Amendments to Board Policies 0147.1 and 6550 – Second Reading (Rella)
- Adoption of Policies 6152 and 6152.01 – Second Reading (Rella)
- Change Order Number Two for Project SBAC Sivia Center Building C Improvements (Eunice/Wynn)
- ESSER Amendment (Bokor)
- D. Citizen Input
- E. Board Member/Superintendent Requests
- F. Strategic Visioning
- G. Adjournment
This meeting is being called pursuant to and in accordance with Section 1001.372(1) and 120.525, F.S. The agenda is available in the Superintendent s Office, District Administration Building.
There are three ways citizens may offer their input for this meeting: 1) submit input through email at email@example.com by noon the day of the board meeting; 2) go to the Boardroom to offer their input in person during the meeting or 3) Check the February 7 and 21, 2023 Agendas on the District s website, www.sbac.edu, prior to the meeting for additional options to participate remotely.
Any person who decides to appeal a decision of the School Board with respect to any matter considered at such meeting is hereby advised that, for such purpose, he or she may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the meeting is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
Anyone with a disability or physical impairment who wishes to attend this meeting and requires special accommodations should contact the Superintendent s Office, 620 East University Ave., Gainesville, FL 32601, (352) 955-7880, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call 711.