Free Virtual Support Sessions Presented by Community Hospice & Palliative Care in May
April 21, 2021
Press release from Community Hospice & Palliative Care
Community Hospice & Palliative Care is hosting multiple free support sessions during the month of May.
1. Let’s Talk: Advance Care Planning – Learn how Advance Care Planning helps you decide and document your health care preferences for end-of-life care. This presentation provides an overview of the importance of advance care planning for all adults, not just the elderly. We will define advance care planning and offer ways to reflect on your own values, beliefs, and experiences, which can help you discuss, decide, and document your health care preferences for health providers to honor them. Honoring Choices Florida is a community-wide advance care planning program supported by area hospitals and health systems.
2. Coffee and Conversation: Bereavement Education and Support – We’re offering a new online support session called Coffee and Conversation that might be right for you. Hosted weekly, meetings discuss various topics related to grief and how you can find help. We encourage you to join us for support during this very difficult time. While social isolation is difficult, grieving makes it worse. Space is limited, so email email@example.com to register, and don’t forget to bring your coffee!
· May 7 from 3 – 4:30 p.m.
· May 14 from 3 – 4:30 p.m.
· May 21 from 3 – 4:30 p.m.
· May 28 from 3 – 4:30 p.m.
3. Understanding Grief: A Virtual Program For The Newly Bereaved – Understanding Grief is designed to help people learn that healing is possible after the death of a loved one and there are effective ways to cope with grief and loss. Understanding Grief is designed to be most helpful for those who have experienced a loss within the last 90 days and are at least 18 years old.
Click here to register. All Community Hospice & Palliative Care bereavement services are free of charge and are available to anyone in the community for up to 13 months after a loved one’s death.
The 90-minute virtual workshop will help attendees:
· Identify normal responses to loss
· Identify coping skills that may be helpful
· Understand the importance of self-care in the grieving process
· May 11 from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
· May 18 from 10 – 11:30 a.m.
4. Advance Care Planning: Summer Series – When you join an Advance Care Planning virtual session, you’ll get the information you need to get the care you want in the event of a serious or sudden illness. Our free webinars guide you through writing out advance directives and learning more about advance care planning. Topics include: preparing a living will and important questions to consider when electing a health care surrogate. Finally, you understand why it’s important to talk with your family and healthcare providers about your values and desires when facing health challenges – you’ll also get some helpful tips on how to start the conversation with your family!