March 14 Alachua County Commission Board Discussion and Regular Meeting
Press release from Alachua County
ALACHUA COUNTY, Fla. – The Alachua County Commission will conduct a Board Discussion and their Regular Meeting on Tuesday, March 14, 2023, at the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, Gainesville). The Board Discussion begins at 9:30 a.m. The daytime portion of the meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. The evening meeting is canceled.
Masks for vulnerable citizens are strongly recommended. The public may view the meetings on Cox Channel 12 and the County’s Video on Demand website.
During the Regular Meeting, the public can make comments at the meeting in person or call in during the 12 p.m. (noon) comment period. Callers will have three minutes to comment on anything not on the agenda and three minutes to discuss anything on the agenda. Callers can choose either or both. Those commenting on items on the agenda will not be allowed to comment again on agenda items if attending the meeting in person later in the day. The call-in number is 1-929-205-6099. When prompted, enter meeting ID 873 5974 1977. Callers can hear the meeting while on hold and can use the system to listen. If you wish to comment, Raise Your Hand by dialing *9 (star nine). Once you are called on by the last four digits of your phone number, Unmute Your Phone by dialing *6 (star six).
Board Discussion items of interest:
- Meeting process – Chair Anna Prizzia
- Contract process – Chair Anna Prizzia
- Housing for those with mental health challenges – Vice Chair Mary Alford
- Cemetery codes – Vice Chair Mary Alford
- Policy discussion for joint projects with Gainesville – Commissioner Ken Cornell
- Clarification on building affordable housing east of Main Street – Commissioner Marihelen Wheeler
View the agenda and backup items.
Regular Meeting items of interest:
- Recognition of Leg-AZ World Soccer Club Champions
- Advisory Board Update – Rural Concerns
- Appointment Alternate Member for the Arts Council of Alachua County Committee, with a term ending Sept. 30, 2026
- A presentation by the County Historical Commission about the Center of Modern Art in Micanopy
- FY24 Budget Development – Board focus issues & historical trends
- American Rescue Plan – State & local fiscal recovery funds – broadband
- Request to advertise for proposed amendments to the Unified Land Development Code (ULDC) for electric vehicle charging stations, home-based businesses, substation approval process, and parcel disaggregation
- Request to advertise for an amendment to the Alachua County Code proposing a Construction Noise Waiver Process
- Pharmacy proposal with Self Insurance Review Committee recommendation
- Ordinance relating to Solid Waste; amending Chapter 75 of the Alachua County Code
- Public Hearing to consider an Ordinance adopting a new section on nuisance overgrowth, updating Code Enforcement procedures, and amending the section on the International Property Maintenance Code adoption
View the Regular Meeting agenda and backup items.
Citizens are encouraged to stay informed by following the County on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and subscribing to the County’s Newsletter/Press Release group