October 13 County Commission Special Meeting to Discuss COVID-19 and GRACE Transitional Campground Funding
Press release from Alachua County
The Alachua County Commission will conduct its virtual Regular Meeting on Tuesday, October 13, 2020, at 11:30 a.m. The Commission will discuss COVID-19 (includes Health Department update, CARES Act update, and Emergency Order update), and GRACE transitional campground funding.
The public may attend virtually through Cox Channel 12, Facebook, and the County’s Video on Demand website. For meeting audio-only, call 301-715-8592, and when prompted, use code 670 965 3024. The public may submit comments to the board through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by calling into the public comment message line when prompted to call during the meeting. Public comment will be taken by telephone for all non-ministerial items on which the Commission votes. Once public comment is opened for an item under discussion, please call 929-205-6099 (enter meeting code 273 174 8038). Callers will be put in a queue and prompted when it is their turn to speak. TO AVOID FEEDBACK, SPEAKERS MUST TURN DOWN THEIR MEETING SOUND WHEN ADDRESSING THE COMMISSION. The Commission will allow up to a total of 30 minutes for citizen comments on each item opened for public comment. In addition, the Commission will open phone lines for one 30-minute public comment session for the public to discuss items not on the Commission agenda. The public is encouraged to submit any written or photographic documents prior to the meeting to email@example.com.
Items of interest include:
- The Original Florida Tourism Task Force Board appointments
- Appointment of three positions to the Alachua County Local Planning Agency/Planning Commissions
- Appointment of full member vacancy on Arts Council of Alachua County, with a term ending September 30, 2024 and Authorize Paul Gabbard to complete his alternate term as a non-County resident
- COVID 19 Discussion (includes Health Department update, CARES Act update, and Emergency Order update)
- Select winner of $1,000 Prize for the West Lawn concept
- Unified Land Development Code Update: Zoning Districts and Traditional Neighborhood Development On-Street Parking Workshop
- GRACE Request for FY 20-21 funding to support transitional campground operations
- Evaluations for FY20 for County Manager and County Attorney
- ZOM-04-20: Hillside Villas Planned Development Rezoning
- Code Enforcement Board Ordinance Amendment
View the agenda and backup items.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to the County’s Newsletter/Press Release