October 26 Alachua County Commission Regular Meeting
October 24, 2021
Press release from Alachua County
The Alachua County Commission will conduct a hybrid Regular Meeting on Tuesday, October 26, 2021, at the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, Gainesville). The meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. The evening portion is canceled.
The Commission will take public comment in person or by calling 1-800-741-8011. If attending in person, masks are strongly recommended for those not vaccinated. The public may view the meeting on Cox Channel 12 and the County’s Video on Demand website.
Items of interest:
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring October 28, 2021, as “Lights on Afterschool” in Alachua County, Florida
- Appointment of two vacant Citizen at Large Members to Recreation and Open Space Advisory Committee with one term ending September 30, 2022, and one term ending September 30, 2025.
- Three Minute Local History presentation by the Alachua County Historical Commission
- Update and accomplishments to date for Community Redevelopment Funds for the Gainesville Metropolitan Area
- Peaceful Paths presentation
- Alachua County Affordable Housing Trust Fund
- Special Improvement District
- Award Contract #12072 and RFP 21-987 Critical Infrastructure and Land Use Climate Vulnerability Analysis to Jones Edmunds and Associates in an amount not to exceed (NTE) $797,854.80 for the Environmental Protection Department
- CPA-05-21 Transmittal Public Hearing to consider Recreation Land Use Policies Comprehensive Plan Text Amendment (Legislative)
- CPA 06-21: Transmittal Public Hearing on Proposed Amendment to the Alachua
- County Comprehensive Plan to Add a Property Rights Element to the Plan. (Legislative)
View the agenda and backup items.
Citizens are encouraged to stay informed by signing up for the following: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to the County’s Newsletter/Press Release