September 22 County Commission Virtual Regular Meeting Includes COVID-19 Discussion and Adoption of the FY21 Final Millage Rates and Final Budget
Press release from Alachua County
The Alachua County Commission will conduct its virtual Regular Meeting on Tuesday, September 22, 2020. The Regular Meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. and will recess after the morning agenda items are completed. The meeting will reconvene at 5:01 p.m. for the evening agenda. The daytime portion of the meeting includes a COVID-19 discussion. The evening meeting includes the adoption of the FY21 Final Millage Rates and Final Budget.
The public may attend virtually through Cox Channel 12, Facebook, and the County’s Video on Demand website. For meeting audio-only, call 301-715-8592, and when prompted, use code 670 965 3024. The public may submit comments to the board through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by calling into the public comment message line when prompted to call during the meeting. Public comment will be taken by telephone for all non-ministerial items on which the Commission votes. Once public comment is opened for an item under discussion, please call 929-205-6099 (enter meeting code 273 174 8038). Callers will be put in a queue and prompted when it is their turn to speak. TO AVOID FEEDBACK, SPEAKERS MUST TURN DOWN THEIR MEETING SOUND WHEN ADDRESSING THE COMMISSION. The Commission will allow up to a total of 30 minutes for citizen comments on each item opened for public comment. In addition, the Commission will open phone lines for one 30-minute public comment session for the public to discuss items not on the Commission agenda. The public is encouraged to submit any written or photographic documents prior to the meeting to email@example.com.
Daytime items of interest include:
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring September 17, through 23, as “Constitution Week” in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring October 4, through 10, 2020, as “Fire Prevention Week” in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring October 4, through 10, 2020, as “National 4-H Week” in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring October 24, 2020 as “United Nations Day” in Alachua County, FL
- COVID-19 discussion
- Alachua County Affordable Housing Advisory Committee (AHAC) Resolution modifications
- Unified Land Development Code (ULDC) Update Workshop: Zoning Districts and Traditional Neighborhood Development (TND) Street and Parking Design
- Solid Waste Collection Agreement update
- FY21-25 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) Public Hearing
Evening items of interest include:
- Adopt the FY21 Final Millage Rates and Final Budget
View the agenda and backup items.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to the County’s Newsletter/Press Release