fbpx

Timberway fire contained to kitchen

Press release from Alachua County Fire Rescue

At approximately 8:10 a.m. today, crews from Gainesville Fire Rescue and Alachua County Fire Rescue responded to a report of a structure fire in the Timberway neighborhood. When crews arrived on scene, they found a moderate smoke condition inside the residence. The occupant of the residence self-evacuated, along with her dog. The fire started due to cooking and was contained to the kitchen area of the home.

Alachua County Fire Rescue reminds everyone to check their smoke detectors and change the batteries if you did not do that when the time changed. 

Leave a Reply