fbpx

Two cats rescued from Melrose fire

Press release from Alachua County Fire Rescue

At approximately 3:15 p.m. today, Alachua County Fire Rescue and the Melrose Fire Department responded to a two-story wood frame residential house fire. Upon arrival, smoke was showing from the side of the structure and flames from the kitchen window. 

The crew from Melrose arrived first and did a great job containing the fire to the kitchen; two cats were found inside and are safe. Both cats required oxygen due to smoke inhalation. Nobody was injured, but the Red Cross was notified.

Alachua County Fire Rescue would like to remind everyone to have smoke detectors throughout their house and make sure the batteries are changed regularly.

Leave a Reply