HomeSportsUF Gymnastics: Trinity Thomas is SEC Gymnast of the Week
UF Gymnastics: Trinity Thomas is SEC Gymnast of the Week
March 3, 2020
Courtesy of UF Athletic Association
It’s six straight Southeastern Conference Gymnast of the Week honors for Gator sophomore Trinity Thomas. Her school-record performance last Friday in No. 2 Florida’s win at Georgia earned Thomas her latest honor.
This is her seventh SEC Gymnast of the Week recognition of 2020 and 10th of her Gator career. Seven is the most SEC Gymnast of the Week honors ever for a Gator in a single season, surpassing the six honors claimed by Gator Great Bridget Sloan in 2016.
Thomas’ All-Around Win:
* Turned in the nation’s leading total for the weekend (39.825), as the Gators defeated No. 10 Georgia to finish SEC regular-season action at 7-0.
* All-around total equals nation’s No. 2 mark for 2020. Also equals Florida’s record (shares with Alaina Johnson, Bridget Sloan and Alex McMurtry).
* Seventh all-around win of season and 13th of collegiate career.
* Her four appearances among the season’s top-nine totals is tops among the nation’s all-arounders.
* Three event wins at Georgia – vault (9.95), uneven bars (9.975) and floor exercise (9.95). Shared second on beam (9.95).
* 25 event titles in 2020 and 51 for collegiate career. Fourth Gator to earn 50 or more career event titles as a sophomore.
* Current Road to National rankings – all-around (No. 1), vault (No. T12), uneven bars (No. 5), balance beam (No. T-2) and floor exercise (No. T-1).
UP NEXT FOR THE GATORS: Florida’s Spring Break trip is to No. 25 Penn State.