UF Men’s Basketball: Florida 68, Georgia 54
Courtesy of UF Athletic Association
The Gators started out slow and trailed by as much as 13, but they pulled within 3 at the half and went on a 10-0 run to take the lead in the second half and beat Georgia, 68-54. The win moves UF into a 3-way tie with LSU and Auburn for 2nd in the SEC, with UF holding the tiebreaker between the teams.
* Keyontae Johnson earned his 8th double-double of the season, finishing with a game-high 18 points and 11 rebounds and notching his 6th double-double in SEC action and 5th over the past 8 games.
* Noah Locke added 17, including 3 second-half 3-pointers. It was Locke’s 9th SEC game with at least 3 made 3-pointers.
* Scottie Lewis scored all 11 of his points in the second half.
* The 54 points allowed were Georgia’s lowest output of the season. Georgia entered averaging 76.9 points and was scoring 89.7 per game over its past 3 contests.
* The Gators trailed by 13, 19-6, just 4 minutes into the game, as Georgia made its first 7 field goals, including 4 3-pointers. From that point on, the Gators outscored Georgia, 62-35 over the final 36 minutes.
* It marked Florida’s 2nd big comeback vs. UGA this season, as UF rallied from 22 down to win the meeting in Gainesville.
* Florida picked up its 5th Quad 2 win, giving the Gators 9 combined Q1 & Q2 wins to go along with a perfect 10-0 mark in Q3 & Q4 games.
UP NEXT: In the regular-season finale, No. 12 Kentucky visits on Saturday for a 1:00 p.m. game on CBS.