UF Volleyball: SEC Announces Florida’s 2020 Fall Volleyball Schedule
Courtesy of UF Athletic Association
The Gators are set to face Auburn, Alabama, South Carolina, and Georgia
The fall portion of the 2020 volleyball schedule has been set by the Southeastern Conference, the league announced Tuesday.
Last month, the SEC announced the fall format would include eight matches against four opponents. Those eight matches will be played as double-headers, consisting of two home weekends and two away weekends.
The Gators are slated to make their 2020 debut at Auburn on Wednesday, Oct. 21 at 8 p.m. ET. Florida then returns to action against the Tigers on Thursday, Oct. 22 at 8 p.m. ET in Auburn Arena.
The following week, the Crimson Tide head to Exactech Arena at the Stephen C. O’Connell Center for the Gators’ home opening weekend on Friday, Oct. 30 and Saturday, Oct. 31. Friday’s first serve is set for a 7 p.m. start, while Saturday’s matchup time is TBD.
After a bye weekend on Nov. 6-8, Florida travels to South Carolina for matches on Wednesday, Nov. 11 and Thursday, Nov. 12. Wednesday’s match will start at 8 p.m. and Thursday’s first serve is TBD.
To wrap up the fall portion of the schedule, Florida hosts Georgia on Friday, Nov. 20 and Saturday, Nov. 21. Friday’s matchup is set for a 7 p.m. start, with Saturday’s match time will be determined at a later date.
Details on fan capacity will also be determined at a later date.
* The Gators hold a distinct series advantage over each of the four opponents they face this season
* Florida is 49-2 overall against the Auburn Tigers, including 45-1 under the helm of Mary Wise
* The Gators hold an undefeated record against Alabama with 47 wins, including a 45-0 record under Wise
* Florida is 58-7 overall against South Carolina, including a 52-2 record under Wise
* UF is 66-9 against Georgia in program history, with Wise holding a 63-1 record