Press release from Alachua County
ALACHUA COUNTY, Fla. – Alachua County has updated its American Rescue Plan – State & Local Fiscal Recovery Funds website. The website includes the most up-to-date information about American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds, expenditures, and projects.
The Alachua County Commission allocated ARPA funds to address the impact and recovery of the COVID-19 pandemic and address opportunities needed to prepare for future such events.
View the County Commission’s December 6, 2022, Special Meeting to see the Commission’s most recent ARPA funding decisions and multiple project updates.
View the PowerPoint presentation from the December 6, 2022 Meeting.
The $52.25 million in ARPA funds received by the County has been allocated to these broad categories:
- $9.5 million to support public health response
- $11.5 million to address negative economic impacts
- $15 million for broadband infrastructure
- $1.25 million for water infrastructure
- $15 million to replace public sector revenue loss