Art Walk returns to High Springs March 19th
Press release from High Springs Downtown Merchants
The seasonal monthly Art Walk returns to downtown historic High Springs on Saturday, March 19, 2022, from noon to 5 p.m. The event features local artists gracing sidewalks and storefronts, with some locations featuring live painting and demonstrations. Art Walk highlights High Springs’ walkable, charming small-town hospitality.
This seasonal monthly event is an opportunity for local artisans and artists to demonstrate and display their talents and offer their works for sale in storefronts throughout the downtown area. Participating host merchants also offer specials and sales during the event.
March 19th Art Walk exhibits and celebrations include:
- Featured Artist Patti Wolf, of Beeleaves by Patti in Live Oak, who will be in front of Unique Notions at 23641 W U.S. Hwy 27.
- High Springs Creamery celebrates its 3-year anniversary with a $3 single scoop ice cream cones all day long.
- High Springs Creates, 23625 W US Hwy 27, features Hugo Cruz of Gainesville. who captures the vibrant and ethereal world exposed by the near infrared spectrum with special filters (see photo above).
- Good News Arts opens at 10 a.m. in their new location in the heart of downtown at 18555 High Springs Main Street. It will hold a Saturday Workshop from 10 a.m. to noon, featuring the Cyanotype Process. Participants can register at www.goodnewsarts.com. The first exhibit of 2022 is Blood Orange, featuring work by artist Brittany Watkins. A free reception with the artist begins at 5pm.
- The Heart of High Springs closes out its week of Celebrating History, Celebrating Art with two events at the High Springs New Century Woman’s Club, 23674 W US Hwy 27.
- At 2 p.m., Public Art as Monuments to History where local artists Jessica Caldas (Good News Arts) and Doug Hancock explain how communities have honored their ancestors using public art.
- At 4 p.m., local artist Tina Corbett (Lanza Gallery & Art Supplies) hosts Plein Air Art. Join Tina and other local artists from the annual Springs Plein Air and hear their stories of painting in the natural environment of High Springs and its surrounding waterfronts. Enjoy a visual and verbal presentation of how art has saved our past and protects our future with our natural landscapes, architecture, cultures, and religions preserved for centuries through art. Renowned Gainesville artist Eleanor Blair will do a demonstration during the event.
Look for Art Walk to continue in 2022 with more artists and makers throughout the year. Upcoming dates for Art Walks are April 16, May 21, June 18, October 15, November 19, and December 17, 2022.
[…] Art Walk returns to High Springs March 19th Alachua Chronicle […]