City of Gainesville seeking nominations for the 2022 Michelle Park Recreation Scholarship
Press release from City of Gainesville
The City of Gainesville is seeking nominations for the Michelle Park Family Recreation Scholarship, which provides a scholarship for one year to a low-to-moderate income Gainesville family, to participate in nature, recreation, and cultural activities. (Please note: some activities may not be available due to current COVID restrictions). The scholarship enables a Gainesville family to take advantage of a year’s worth of events, programs, tours, and more at no cost. The scholarship is valued at $1,500 and can be used to enjoy activities such as:
- After-school activities and day camps for school breaks and teacher holidays, for children age 6–12
- Access to the Wellness Center at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Multipurpose Center
- Tickets to cultural events
- An annual pass to Sweetwater Wetlands Park
- Adult and youth recreation and sports activities such as golf lessons, swimming lessons, and tennis lessons; free registration to participate in city-sponsored youth baseball, basketball, flag football, Pop Warner football, or cheerleading.
- Family must be City of Gainesville residents and provide proof (GRU bill or voter registration card).
- Family must meet the criteria of the Alachua County School Board Free or Reduced Lunch Program and provide 2020 tax return and reduced lunch eligibility form.
- Family must be able to complete 20 volunteer hours during the award year or the following year.
The deadline to apply has been extended to Wednesday, Nov. 24, 2021.
Why not nominate the entire city commission? They’ve actually caused more people to need a scholarship due to the huge spending of public money, need to increase property taxes, wasteful inspections, and higher rents due directly to Gainesville city commission. We the people nominate these wasteful idiots for a scholarship (most are way under educated and have had zero success at business). Not a lot, or any, winners up there.
You right girl.