Press release from Alachua County Health Department
The Alachua County Health Department urges residents to follow the United States Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance to minimize transmission within the household setting.
“Our contact tracers are establishing an ongoing trend of transmission within homes and there are steps that one can take to avoid infecting those we live with,” stated Paul Myers, Administrator of the ACHD. “Avoiding prolonged contact, especially with vulnerable individuals, maintaining adequate separation, not sharing household items and enhanced cleaning can reduce transmission risk.”
CDC guidance for minimizing risks at home can be found here. If you’re sick:
- Stay home except to get medical care and call ahead before visiting your doctor
- Separate yourself from other people
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Clean your hands often
- Avoid sharing personal household items
- Clean all “high-touch” surfaces everyday (Use cleaning products per the manufacturer’s instructions and keep these products out of the reach of children)
For more information, visit http://www.alachuacountyhealth.com/
The Pandemic has been over for weeks. Bill Gates needs the panic to last until a vaccine is available.