February 22 Alachua County Commission Regular Meeting
Press release from Alachua County
The Alachua County Commission will conduct a Regular Meeting on Tuesday, February 22, 2022, at the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, Gainesville). The meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. The evening portion of the meeting is canceled.
Masks are required regardless of vaccination status. The public may view the meeting on Cox Channel 12 and the County’s Video on Demand website.
The Commission will take public comment in person only. There are multiple opportunities for public comment throughout the meeting. Public comment will be taken for each agenda item and the public will also have an opportunity to speak about items not on the agenda at noon. Members of the public who wish to speak are asked to limit their comments to three minutes.
Items of interest:
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring February 21 to February 27, 2022, as “Hazardous Materials Awareness Week” in Alachua County, Florida
- Appointment of Non-Voting Member to the City of Gainesville’s Utility Advisory Board (UAB)
- Status update on the Alachua County Sterile Needle Exchange Program
- Indigenous People Day
- ZOM-01-22: A public hearing to consider a request to rezone from an ‘R-1a’ (Single family residential) district to an ‘R-1c’ (Single Family Residential) district
- ZOM-02-22: A public hearing to consider a request to rezone an 8.04 acre parcel (parcel # 07065-001-000) from the A (Agriculture) to the R-1b (single-family residential, 4 to 8 dwelling units/acre) zoning district.
- Unified Land Development Code (ULDC) Revision: Updates to the Building Code, Chapter 331 of the Alachua County Code, including Administrative Amendments to the Florida Building Code
View the agenda and backup items.
Citizens are encouraged to stay informed by signing up for the following: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to the County’s Newsletter/Press Release
Sad to see that although California has declared an end to the pandemic, the BOCC remains a bastion of liberal idiocy by still requiring masks.
Masks are required regardless of vaccination status?
Why?? There’s no state of emergency declared by Governor Desantis…I thought there was no Covid
Passport required…the mask is the Covid passport
For me to try and address my local government. Please
Contact the governors office and let him know that the
Alachua Count Commission and the city of GNV are requiring mask as Covid passport to attend meetings in
Person. We don’t have government in the sunshine
If the mask eclipses the sun.
Attorney Jeff Childers freed the children from the
Tyrannical ACSB…he’s gonna free the rest of us now
From a tyrannical city & county commission. No mask
Mandates for all! God bless America!
That’s right…they’re using the mask as a Covid passport to attend county & city meetings..
“The commission will take public comment in person only”…if no mask, can’t comment…that’s a Covid passport!
I wonder if they wear the mask when eating in public and put
It back up between bites… what a bunch of fascist tyrants…didn’t they take an oath to uphold the constitution of the United States? They don’t care
About freedom and liberty…I have first amendment
Rights and can’t express myself if my face is covered.
I also can’t breath…aren’t we in charge of our own
Medical decisions? My body, my choice, right?