February 28 Alachua County Commission Regular Meeting
Press release from Alachua County
ALACHUA COUNTY, Fla. – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting on Tuesday, February 28, 2023, at the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, Gainesville). The daytime portion of the meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. The evening meeting is canceled.
Masks for vulnerable citizens are strongly recommended. The public may view the meetings on Cox Channel 12 and the County’s Video on Demand website.
During the Regular Meeting, the public can make comments at the meeting in person or call in during the 12 p.m. (noon) comment period. Callers will have three minutes to comment on anything not on the agenda and three minutes to discuss anything on the agenda. Callers can choose either or both. Those commenting on items on the agenda will not be allowed to comment again on agenda items if attending the meeting in person later in the day. The call-in number is 1-929-205-6099. When prompted, enter meeting ID 873 5974 1977. Callers can hear the meeting while on hold and can use the system to listen. If you wish to comment, Raise Your Hand by dialing *9 (star nine). Once you are called on by the last four digits of your phone number, Unmute Your Phone by dialing *6 (star six).
Items of interest:
- Appointment of two members to the County Historical Commission
- Advisory Board update – Recreation and Open Space Advisory Committee
- Trunked Radio System update
- Confirm Mari (Missy) Daniels as the Assistant County Manager- Public Works and Growth Management
- Septic system rebate grant presentation
- Alachua County Bicycle and Pedestrian update and approval of transmitting the Archer Braid Trail Extension Transportation Alternatives Grant Application to Florida Department of Transportation
- Authorization to advertise an Ordinance amending Chapters 24, 74, and 332 of the Alachua County Code related to Code Enforcement and including regulations for nuisance overgrowth.
- Request to Advertise proposed amendments to Article XVI of the Unified Land Development Code: Cottage Neighborhoods
- Z22-000007: Public hearing to consider a five-year extension for the existing Special Use Permit for the Watson construction and demolition debris landfill (minor amendment) on parcel 05104-002-002 (approx. 44.5 acres) located at 20103 S.W. Archer Road (Quasi-judicial)
View the Regular Meeting agenda and backup items.
Citizens are encouraged to stay informed by signing up for the following: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and subscribe to the County’s Newsletter/Press Release
Per WCJB reporting, the trunked radio system proposal includes payments from the city. Any plan should expect them to back out of any financial commitment.