Fire crews confine residential fire to chimney area
February 26, 2023
Press release from Alachua County Fire Rescue
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – At about 7:45 p.m. on Saturday, Alachua County Fire Rescue was dispatched to a residential structure fire off of SW 75th Street. Upon arrival, crews found a fire in the chimney of the residence that was extending to the roof. Quick actions by ACFR Engine 80, Heavy Rescue 23, Quint 23, and Rescue 23 crews extinguished the fire before it could extend beyond the chimney. The fire was contained to the chimney area, and the house remains livable.
ACFR reminds you to always have a working smoke detector and change your batteries every 6 months.
Thank you Alachua County Fire Department!