July 14 County Commission Virtual Regular Meeting Includes COVID-19 Discussion, Camp McConnell Renaming and Other Items
Press release from Alachua County
The Alachua County Commission will conduct their virtual Regular Meeting on Tuesday, July 14. The Regular Meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. and will recess after the morning agenda items are completed. The meeting will reconvene at 5:01 p.m. for the evening agenda. The daytime portion of the meeting includes a COVID-19 discussion and a discussion about renaming Camp McConnell.
The public may attend virtually through Cox Channel 12, Facebook, and the County’s Video on Demand website. For meeting audio-only, call 301-715-8592, and when prompted, use code 670 965 3024. The public may submit comments to the board through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by calling into the public comment message line when prompted to call during the meetings. Public comment will be taken by telephone for all non-ministerial items on which the Commission votes. Once public comment is opened for an item under discussion, please call 929-205-6099 (enter meeting code 273 174 8038). Callers will be put in a queue and prompted when it is their turn to speak. TO AVOID FEEDBACK, SPEAKERS MUST TURN DOWN THEIR MEETING SOUND WHEN ADDRESSING THE COMMISSION. The Commission will allow up to a total of 30 minutes for citizen comments on each item opened for public comment. In addition, the Commission will open phone lines for one 30-minute public comment session for the public to discuss items not on the Commission agenda. The public is encouraged to submit any written or photographic documents prior to the meeting to email@example.com.
Daytime items of interest include:
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring July 2020 as “Parks & Conservation Lands Month in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring July 2020 as “Disability Awareness Month” in Alachua County, FL
- Environmental Protection Advisory Committee Appointments
- COVID-19 discussion
- Discuss and review submittals for West Lawn Art for Call to Artists
- ACHC recommendation for renaming Camp McConnell
- Consolidation of deferred compensation record-keepers
- Discussion of Ordinance to fund Radio Management System (Amendment to WSPP Surtax Ordinance)
- Fairgrounds Redevelopment Area lease to United States of America
- CPA-03-20: A request for a large scale land use amendment from Preservation to Rural/Agriculture on approximately 200 acres
- Unified Land Development Code Ordinance Update: Rural Commercial-Agriculture Design Standards
Evening items of interest include:
- Public Hearing to set proposed millage rates for General County, Law Enforcement MSTU.
- Solid Waste Assessment: Initial Assessment Resolution and authorization to advertise a Public Hearing
- Fire Assessment: Initial Assessment Resolution and authorization to advertise a Public Hearing
- Stormwater Assessment: Initial Assessment Resolution and authorization to advertise a Public Hearing
- Sugarfoot Oaks/Cedar Ridge Special Assessment District: Initial Assessment Resolution and authorization to advertise a Public Hearing
View the agenda and backup items.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to the County’s Newsletter/Press Release
Planning for the future, BOCC will rename Camp McConnell to “Camp Karl Marx Creche for Reeducation of Springs County Children.”