May 16 School Board Meeting
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETINGS
The School Board Alachua County, Florida, shall hold a public meeting to which all persons are invited.
DATE AND TIME: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, at 6 p.m.
LOCATION: District Office Boardroom, 620 East University Ave, Gainesville, FL
PURPOSE: General Business Meeting
- A. Meeting Opening
- 1. Call to Order-Pledge of Allegiance
- 2. National Gun Violence Awareness Day Proclamation (Certain)
- 3. Arts Recognition (Rollo)
- 4. Florida Credit Union Recognition and Update on iReady/Reading Plus (Kostamo/Curriculum)
- 5. Adoption of Agenda
- 6. Approval of Regular School Board Meeting Minutes for May 2, 2023
- 7. Approval of Regular School Board Workshop Minutes for May 3, 2023
- 8. Board Member/Superintendent Announcements
- 9. Citizen Input
- B. Presentation
- 1. One Mill Update (Rella)
- C. Consent Agenda
- 1. Approval of the Consent Agenda
- 2. Employment of Personnel (Shelnutt)
- 3. Teachers Recommended for Annual Contract Reappointment (Shelnutt)
- 4. Bid(s) and Requisition(s)(Rella)
- 5. Purchased Products/Services ($12,500 to $49,999)(Rella)
- 6. Budget Amendment No. 19 – General Funds (Rella)
- 7. Budget Amendment No. 20 – Capital Funds (Rella)
- 8. Budget Amendment No. 21 – Federal Funds (Rella)
- 9. Monthly Financial Statement (Rella)
- 10. Amended DJJ Calendars for 2022-2023 (Wise)
- 11. Insights To Behavior (Black)
- 12. BASE Education (Black)
- 13. Certificate of Final Inspection for Project SBAC A1805 – Idylwild Elementary School Redesign & Redevelopment (Wynn)
- 14. STUDENT CASE #2223-04-RHC (Delaney)
- 15. STUDENT CASE #2223-05-RHC (Delaney)
- D. Action Items
- 1. Employee Case 202223-0431-39 (Shelnutt)
- 2. Employee Case 202223-0101-17 (Shelnutt)
- 3. Amendments to Policy 5500 – Student Conduct and Amendments to the 2023-2024 Elementary Code of Student Conduct 2023-2024 Secondary Codes of Student Conduct – First Reading (Black)
- 4. Parks Partnership with Board of County Commissioners Discussion
- 5. County-Wide Literacy Initiative Discussion
- E. Citizen Input
- F. Board Member / Superintendent Requests
- G. Adjournment
The meeting broadcast can be viewed here.
This meeting is being called pursuant to and in accordance with Section 1001.372(1) and 120.525, F.S. The agenda is available in the Superintendent s Office, District Administration Building.
There are three ways citizens may offer their input for this meeting: 1) submit input through email at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon the day of the board meeting; 2) go to the Boardroom to offer their input in person during the meeting or 3) Check the May 2 and 16, 2023 Agendas on the District s website, www.sbac.edu, prior to the meeting for additional options to participate remotely.
Any person who decides to appeal a decision of the School Board with respect to any matter considered at such meeting is hereby advised that, for such purpose, he or she may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the meeting is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
Anyone with a disability or physical impairment who wishes to attend this meeting and requires special accommodations should contact the Superintendent s Office, 620 East University Ave., Gainesville, FL 32601, (352) 955-7880, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call 711.
The “National Gun Violence Awareness Day Proclamation” is mislabeled. To be accurate it should read National Criminal Violence Awareness Day. Criminals don’t just use stolen guns. They also use knives, cars, rocks, fists, knees, elbows, etc.