Publix Expands Store Hours
May 14, 2020
Press release from Publix
Starting Saturday, May 16, Publix stores will be open daily from 7 a.m. – 9 p.m., and pharmacy will return to normal operating hours. Designated shopping hours for customers over the age of 65, first responders, and health care workers are being discontinued; however, Publix encourages customers who prefer to shop when the store is less crowded to come in during the 7 a.m. hour.
Each store will continue to support social distancing and the well-being of our associates and customers by
- conducting additional cleaning and preventive sanitation before and after store hours, including sanitizing high-touch surfaces frequently throughout the day
- requiring associates to wear face coverings and allowing associates to wear disposable, non-latex gloves where not prohibited by OSHA regulations
- encouraging 6-foot separation through
- regular intercom announcements
- signage and floor decals and
- one-way shopping aisles
- having plexiglass shields at all registers, pharmacies, and customer service counters
- promoting contactless pay and
- allowing store managers to limit the number of customers inside stores.
Promoting contactless pay?… Does this mean they want
To head towards cashless payment? Also, do customers
In Alachua County need to wear face masks to enter?
I think it just makes they’ve finally caught up with the rest of the world and installed contactless terminals. I don’t think they’re requiring masks, but I’m not sure.